CDIS in the Community
At CDIS, we understand the importance of our role in the community. The availability of quality education is a prerequisite for parents and companies considering moving to Chengdu. We have provided for this need since 1997, and with our growing expertise, we continue to be an integral part of Chengdu’s expat community.
In cooperation with our parents and partners, CDIS wants to help you and your children feel at home in Chengdu. It is our aim that, like the many alumni who have graduated from CDIS before, you and your child will one day look back at your time in Chengdu with fondness.
CDIS Community Service
For our staff and students, serving the expat community alone is not enough. We see it as one of our responsibilities to serve the Chinese community whose guests we are. Some projects are in cooperation with other organizations, such as the U.S. Marines’ Toys For Tots and Operation Blessings or the charity Hopeful Hearts. Depending on the project, community service is organized at the school, teacher, or student level. Examples of CDIS’ community service projects are:
- CDES – Bilingual school for Chinese students based on Western Education practices
- Minority teacher training – Training and equipping teachers working in rural, poor Tibetan and Yi minority schools
- 2008 earthquake – relief work
- Migrant school and orphan school – supporting these schools in different ways, according to their needs
- Secondary student service trips to the Philippines and Cambodia
- Elementary student support of several impoverished Chinese students’ education