COME SEE WHAT ALL THE TALK IS ABOUT.
Admission to Chengdu International School is open to all expatriate students. CDIS does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnic origin, gender, or religion in our admissions policies or in any of our school programs.
Before beginning the enrollment process, please familiarize yourself with the admission requirements. As per Chinese regulations, CDIS does not admit children who are citizens of the People’s Republic of China.
School age holders of foreign passports, or Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents or Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents.
- Foundations: Students must be three years old by August 31st of the enrollment year.
- Pre-Kindergarten: Students must be four years old by August 31st of the enrollment year.
- Kindergarten: Students must be five years old by August 31st of the enrollment year.
- Elementary School: Students of 6 years and above by August 31st of the academic year in which they enroll are eligible for entry into CDIS’s early Elementary program (1st – 5th grades)
- Middle School: Students of 11 years and above by August 31st of the academic year in which they enroll are eligible for entry into CDIS’s Middle School program (6th – 8th grades)
- High School: Students of 14 years and above by August 31st of the academic year in which they enroll are eligible for entry into CDIS’s High School
We believe that parents are ultimately responsible for the education of their children and that cooperation between the school and the home is necessary to ensure that students reach their fullest potential. As a result, CDIS has established the following guidelines concerning residency of parents. At least one parent or guardian must have full-time residency in Chengdu or a nearby community . Guardians are only permitted to function in lieu of parents in unusual circumstances with the permission of the school administration.
CDIS has a Learning Support Team dedicated to meeting the students with specific special needs. If you feel your child has a specific learning or behavioral need, or if your child is coming from a school where they were enrolled in a special program for such needs, please notify the school at the time of enrollment.
Every school day, CDIS provides bus transportation to and from school for all students who have registered for it. Experienced and well-trained bus monitors are always there to ensure your child’s safety. Additionally, each bus is equipped with cameras. Data is recorded and stored. All of our buses keep in constant contact with the CDIS transportation manager while on their routes. This system enables us to increase security and communicate delays with parents.