Next week in elementary we will be celebrating Dr. Seuss week as an elementary “Author Study.” The week’s events will feature dress up days, and fun classroom activities to help build the joy of reading with a focus on cultivating literacy skills.
Each day teachers will be reading a Dr. Seuss book to their classrooms and there will be a coordinating theme for students to enjoy.
- Monday March 1st: “The Sleep Book”- Wear your Pajamas to school
- Tuesday March 2nd: “If I Ran the Zoo” - Bring in your favorite stuffed animal
- Wednesday March 3rd: “Wacky Wednesday”- Dress Wacky (inside out, mismatched, etc.)
- Thursday March 4th: “Cat in the Hat “- Wear a fun hat to school
- Friday March 5th: Dr. Seuss’ Birthday- Wear red and white.